Telefonica ( TEF) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Telefonica fell 66 cents (-5.8%) to $10.70 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.56-$11.08 after having opened the day at $10.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.36. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Nexxus Lighting ( NEXS), down 41.6%, NTELOS Holdings ( NTLS), down 17.4%, Iridium Communications ( IRDM), down 17%, and Ubiquiti Networks ( UBNT), down 12%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Telefonica Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.