3M ( MMM) pushed the Conglomerates sector lower today making it today's featured Conglomerates laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, 3M fell $1.12 (-1.2%) to $90.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of 3M exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. The stock ranged in price between $89.23-$90.73 after having opened the day at $90.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.20. Other company's within the Conglomerates sector that declined today were: Leucadia National Corporation ( LUK), down 5.6% and MGT Capital Investments ( MGT), down 4.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.