Apache Corporation ( APA) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Apache Corporation fell $4.30 (-5%) to $82.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.1 million shares of Apache Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $81.58-$83.82 after having opened the day at $82.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.86. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoGlobal Resources ( GGR), down 16.7%, Hornbeck Offshore Services ( HOS), down 14.1%, World Fuel Services Corporation ( INT), down 13.4%, and Stone Energy Corporation ( SGY), down 13.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Apache Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.