Royal Gold ( RGLD) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Royal Gold rose $1 (1.3%) to $77 on light volume. Throughout the day, 746,297 shares of Royal Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $74.87-$78.38 after having opened the day at $75.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 13.2%, James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 7.7%, L & L Energy ( LLEN), up 6.4%, and Uranium Energy Corporation ( UEC), up 6.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Royal Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.