Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar rose 47 cents (0.6%) to $83.12 on average volume. Throughout the day, eight million shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.10-$84.30 after having opened the day at $82.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.65. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: China BAK Battery ( CBAK), up 17.1%, H&E Equipment Services ( HEES), up 17%, Energy Recovery ( ERII), up 12.9%, and WSI Industries ( WSCI), up 9.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.