Smithfield Foods ( SFD) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Smithfield Foods rose 10 cents (0.5%) to $18.50 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Smithfield Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.18-$18.60 after having opened the day at $18.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.40. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR), up 26.5%, Smart Balance ( SMBL), up 12%, Coffee Holding Company ( JVA), up 8.6%, and Tianli Agritech ( OINK), up 5.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Smithfield Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.