Carter's ( CRI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Carter's rose 47 cents (0.9%) to $50.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 868,229 shares of Carter's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 831,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.67-$50.24 after having opened the day at $49.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.64. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR), up 26.5%, Smart Balance ( SMBL), up 12%, Cereplast ( CERP), up 11.3%, and Kimball International Inc. Class B ( KBALB), up 9.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Carter's Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.