Ecopetrol S.A ( EC) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Ecopetrol S.A rose 82 cents (1.4%) to $58.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Ecopetrol S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 711,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.82-$58.62 after having opened the day at $57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.61. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Chemtura Corporation ( CHMT), up 15.1%, Tesoro Corporation ( TSO), up 14.3%, Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 13.2%, and Geokinetics ( GOK), up 13%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ecopetrol S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.