- Gap North America: positive 7 percent versus negative 3 percent last year
- Banana Republic North America: positive 7 percent versus negative 2 percent last year
- Old Navy North America: positive 3 percent versus flat last year
- International: negative 5 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
- Gap North America: positive 13 percent versus negative 6 percent last year
- Banana Republic North America: positive 8 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
- Old Navy North America: positive 12 percent versus negative 3 percent last year
- International: positive 4 percent versus negative 10 percent last year
Gap Inc. will release its second quarter earnings results via press release on August 16, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time. In addition, the company will host a summary of Gap Inc.’s second quarter results in a live conference call and webcast on August 16, 2012 at approximately 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The conference call can be accessed by calling 1-800-374-1731. International callers may dial 706-679-5876. The webcast can be accessed at www.gapinc.com.August Sales The company will report August sales on August 30, 2012. Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements within the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than those that are purely historical are forward-looking statements. Words such as “expect,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “intend,” “plan,” “project,” and similar expressions also identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding the following:
- diluted earnings per share for the second quarter of fiscal year 2012; and
- inventory dollars per store at the end of the second quarter of fiscal year 2012.
- the risk that additional information may arise during the company’s close process or as a result of subsequent events that would require the company to make adjustments to the financial information.
About Gap Inc.Gap Inc. is a leading global specialty retailer offering clothing, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, children, and babies under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, and Athleta brands. Fiscal year 2011 net sales were $14.5 billion. Gap Inc. products are available for purchase in about 90 countries worldwide through about 3,000 company-operated stores, over 200 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites. For more information, please visit www.gapinc.com.