Buenaventura Mining Company ( BVN) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Buenaventura Mining Company fell $1.44 (-4%) to $34.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Buenaventura Mining Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 991,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.05-$36.16 after having opened the day at $35.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.42. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Gasco Energy ( GSX), down 28.6%, Uranium Resources ( URRE), down 22.5%, Recovery Energy ( RECV), down 17.9%, and GeoMet ( GMET), down 14.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Buenaventura Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.