Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO), a leading global provider of cloud-based clinical development solutions, today announced that vice president of implementation services Marco van Doeveren was named by PharmaVOICE magazine as one of the 100 most inspiring people in the life sciences industry. The award recognizes Marco as a driving force behind Medidata’s success in addressing the unique challenges of mid-size and emerging companies in reaching the full benefits that advanced technology can bring to streamlining clinical trials. Mid-market organizations – including pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, academic, nonprofit and government – are looking to reap the same benefits as the large biopharma companies from Medidata’s cloud-based platform of innovative solutions. Implementations at mid-market companies frequently involve individual tailoring to account for fewer resources and accelerated timelines, and many smaller companies question whether they can get an industry-leading solution for a price they can afford. Under Marco’s leadership, Medidata’s mid-market services team continually works to make optimal use of the Medidata platform by focusing on end-to-end processes. Using his sponsor-focused perspective to adapt Medidata’s implementation process for the mid-market, Marco’s group reliably streamlines trial processes and implements tailored solutions to each individual group without compromising efficiency or quality. As a result, his team has doubled revenue, tripled the number of projects and quadrupled the number of clients in a four-year span.
- “Because the technology infrastructure Marco manages is leveraged by hundreds of life science companies, thousands of clinical trial professionals, and tens of thousands more investigators, nurses and patients, Marco is, very literally, one of the most influential people in clinical technology around the world,” said Glen de Vries, president, Medidata Solutions. “His passion for the industry and his detail-oriented, practical approach to working with clinical infrastructure make him a constant inspiration to his colleagues, partners and customers.”
- “Considered to be one of the most influential people in clinical technology around the world, Marco van Doeveren manages an infrastructure that is leveraged by the life sciences industry as a whole," said Taren Grom, editor and cofounder, PharmaVOICE. "In addition to his broad and extensive expertise, Mr. van Doeveren is dedicated to his teams and clients, a combination that places him squarely on the 2012 PharmaVOICE 100 list of honorees."
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: .@Medidata's Marco van Doeveren named one of 100 most influential people in #clinical technology by @PharmaVOICE http://bit.ly/R5iQmn
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn