NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Imax Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- IMAX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- IMAX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The gross profit margin for IMAX CORP is rather high; currently it is at 60.80%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.80% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1177.34% to $9.42 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, IMAX CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.16%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 507.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.83 million to $11.08 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff