Macy's ( M) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Macy's fell 82 cents (-2.2%) to $35.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9.3 million shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.32-$36.92 after having opened the day at $36.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.66. Other company's within the Retail industry that declined today were: China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), down 9.5%, Orchard Supply Hardware ( OSH), down 8.2%, Lowe's Companies ( LOW), down 5.5%, and ValueVision Media ( VVTV), down 4.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.