Vale ( VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Vale fell 22 cents (-1.2%) to $18.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 13.9 million shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.01-$18.40 after having opened the day at $18.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.27. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Midway Gold ( MDW), down 11.5%, Entree Gold ( EGI), down 6.7%, Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), down 6.4%, and Paramount Gold and Silver Corporation ( PZG), down 6.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.