Aon plc ( AON) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Aon plc fell 61 cents (-1.2%) to $49.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Aon plc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.11-$49.95 after having opened the day at $49.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.81. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Tower Group ( TWGP), down 14.1%, Kansas City Life Insurance ( KCLI), down 6.1%, Mercury General Corporation ( MCY), down 5.8%, and AMERISAFE ( AMSF), down 5.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Aon plc Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.