ITC Holdings ( ITC) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, ITC Holdings rose 38 cents (0.5%) to $74.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 476,060 shares of ITC Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 604,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $73.09-$74.47 after having opened the day at $73.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.81. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: GreenHunter Energy ( GRH), up 3.9%, Active Power ( ACPW), up 2.4%, Ellomay Capital ( ELLO), up 1.8%, and National Electricity Company of Chile ( EOC), up 1.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full ITC Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.