Nucor ( NUE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Nucor rose 70 cents (1.8%) to $39.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.50-$39.38 after having opened the day at $38.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.50. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Uranium Resources ( URRE), up 50.9%, James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 16.8%, Ur-Energy ( URG), up 11.8%, and China Natural Resources ( CHNR), up 11.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.