Novartis ( NVS) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Novartis rose 49 cents (0.8%) to $58.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.6 million shares of Novartis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.48-$58.93 after having opened the day at $58.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.13. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Amyris ( AMRS), up 9.3%, China Pharma ( CPHI), up 9.1%, Impax Laboratories ( IPXL), up 8.3%, and IGI ( IG), up 6.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Novartis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.