- Adjusted EBITDA (1) of $65.6 million in the second quarter of 2012 compared with $88.3 million in the second quarter of 2011; Adjusted EBITDA of $141.4 million compared with $170.9 million for the first six months of 2011.
- Net income of $33.7 million resulting in Adjusted EPS (1) of $0.34 compared to $0.72 in the second quarter of 2011; for the six months of 2012, net income of $60.3 million resulting in Adjusted EPS of $0.81 compared to $1.16 in the first six months of 2011.
- Diluted EPS of $0.55 compared to $1.56 in the second quarter of 2011; diluted EPS of $0.99 compared to $2.00 in the first six months of 2011.
- Generated cash from operations of $81.3 million for the first six months of 2012.
- Acquired Youngs Creek project containing approximately 450 million tons of in-place coal and 38,800 acres of surface land in the Northern Powder River Basin (NPRB) to further Cloud Peak Energy’s potential for increased Asian exports.
- Implemented an oil hedging program using costless collars for 75% of our expected usage through March 2013.
|Operating Highlights (1)||Q2||Q2||First Six Months||First Six Months|
|Tons sold (in millions)||20.1||23.0||42.6||46.1|
|Realized price per ton sold||$||13.11||$||12.94||$||13.21||$||12.86|
|Average cost of product sold per ton||$||10.09||$||9.23||$||9.93||$||9.09|