Digital Domain Media Group (NYSE: DDMG) announced that the company will be presenting, exhibiting and recruiting at SIGGRAPH 2012 -- the computer graphics industry’s largest and most respected technical and creative conference, being held August 5 – 9 in Los Angeles. DDMG CEO and Chairman John Textor will be a featured speaker at the Siggraph Business Symposium, a focused event designed to explore the business side of the industry and community. His presentation is part of a session that looks at newer business models from the companies and people defining the future. The Symposium is Sunday, August 5 at 2:15 at the JW Marriott Hotel, LA Live Diamond Ballroom. The Digital Domain Institute and Florida State University will introduce SIGGRAPH attendees to their combined collaborative digital arts educational programs – FSU’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation and Digital Arts and DDI’s Essential Skills and 3 Year Diploma programs, from its exhibit booth (#205). DDMG will be recruiting for visual effects, feature animation and production positions in its California, Vancouver and Florida studios from its Job Fair booth (16 & 17). The company is also presenting at a number of panel and course sessions:
- Digital Domain presents a production panel on “Real Steel.” Digital Domain Visual Effects Supervisor Erik Nash and Digital Effects Supervisor Swen Gilberg join Associate Producer Ron Ames, Legacy Effects’ John Rosengrant, Animation Supervisor Dan Taylor and moderator Michael Fink on Tuesday, August 7 at 10:45 in Hall B.
- Digital Domain presents the panel session “Virtual Production Branches Out,” a discussion of how the digital technique is changing the way directors, actors and stories interact. Digital Domain Virtual Studio Supervisor Gary Roberts joins Weta’s Matt Aitken, High Moon Studio’s Dave Cravens, Giant Studios’ Matt Madden and moderator Ray Feeney on Monday, August 6 at 9:00 in Room 502AB.
- Digital Domain CTO Darin Grant is a panelist in a session exploring high frame rate cinema and its impact on art and technology with filmmaker Douglas Trumbull, Producer Jon Landau, Industrial Light & Magic’s Dennis Muren, Christie Digital’s Paul Salvini, Dreamworks Animation’s Lincoln Wallen and Jim Beshears, RealD’s Matthew Cowan, Side Effects Software’s Luke More and Screen Industry Research and Training Centre’s John Heliker on Wednesday, August 8 at 10:45 in South Hall K.
- Digital Domain Stereo Group Director of Production Operations Jon Karafin presents a course in stereoscopic visual effects on Sunday, August 5 at 2:00 in Room 502AB
- Digital Domain’s newest work will be featured in a reel screening in the Electronic Theater throughout the week in West Building in Hall A.