- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ASMI's share price has jumped by 27.33%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ASMI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 38.30% is the gross profit margin for ASM INTERNATIONAL NV which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ASMI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ASMI's net profit margin of 4.80% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 13.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 34.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.34, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.32 is sturdy.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.