J.C. Penney ( JCP) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, J.C. Penney fell 81 cents (-3.5%) to $22.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10.7 million shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.61-$22.91 after having opened the day at $22.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: American Learning ( ALRN), down 12.9%, Overseas Shipholding Group ( OSG), down 10.8%, Armco Metals Holdings ( CNAM), down 9.3%, and New Oriental Education & Technology Group I ( EDU), down 8.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.