Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts fell 14 cents (-0.9%) to $14.62 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5.5 million shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of eight million shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.57-$14.79 after having opened the day at $14.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.76. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: MPG Office ( MPG), down 6.9%, Homex Development ( HXM), down 6.4%, China Housing & Land Development ( CHLN), down 5.3%, and American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), down 4.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Host Hotels Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.