Loews Corporation ( L) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Loews Corporation fell $2.16 (-5.2%) to $39.54 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Loews Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.11-$41.02 after having opened the day at $40.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.70. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Mercury General Corporation ( MCY), down 5.8%, Homeowners Choice ( HCII), down 4.7%, American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), down 3.7%, and CNA Financial ( CNA), down 3.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Loews Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.