Total ( TOT) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Total fell 24 cents (-0.5%) to $45.68 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.2 million shares of Total exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $45.27-$45.86 after having opened the day at $45.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.92. Other company's within the Energy industry that declined today were: Lufkin Industries ( LUFK), down 21.4%, TGC Industries ( TGE), down 17.1%, Recovery Energy ( RECV), down 11.3%, and WSP Holdings ( WH), down 7.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Total Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.