Public Service Enterprise Group ( PEG) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Public Service Enterprise Group rose 25 cents (0.7%) to $34 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Public Service Enterprise Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.59-$34.07 after having opened the day at $33.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.75. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 7.8%, GreenHunter Energy ( GRH), up 4.1%, Active Power ( ACPW), up 2.8%, and TransCanada ( TRP), up 2.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Public Service Enterprise Group Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.