Republic Services ( RSG) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Republic Services rose 39 cents (1.4%) to $28.56 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Republic Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.16-$28.61 after having opened the day at $28.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.17. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Shaw Group ( SHAW), up 55.5%, MYR Group ( MYRG), up 9.6%, Integrated Electrical Services ( IESC), up 5.8%, and Tutor Perini ( TPC), up 5.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.