Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose 56 cents (0.5%) to $109.82 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.6 million shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of seven million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $108.76-$109.93 after having opened the day at $108.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.26. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Forest Oil ( FST), up 8.1%, ATP Oil & Gas ( ATPG), up 7.9%, CKX Lands ( CKX), up 7.1%, and Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), up 6.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.