Microchip Technology ( MCHP) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Microchip Technology rose 46 cents (1.4%) to $33.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of Microchip Technology exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.68-$33.41 after having opened the day at $32.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.90. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Ascent Solar Technologies ( ASTI), up 10.8%, Giga-tronics ( GIGA), up 10%, Tower Semiconductor ( TSEM), up 8.5%, and Lime Energy ( LIME), up 7.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Microchip Technology Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.