PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries rose 57 cents (0.5%) to $110.99 on light volume. Throughout the day, 699,485 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $110.10-$111.86 after having opened the day at $110.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $110.42. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Clean Diesel Technologies ( CDTI), up 20%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), up 12.4%, PetroLogistics ( PDH), up 9.7%, and Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 7.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full PPG Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.