|Second Quarter||Year to Date|
|($000's)||2012||2011||% Change||2012||2011||% Change|
|Income from operations (1)||31,247||23,748||32||60,649||53,957||12|
|Net income (1)||20,310||16,076||26||39,179||35,869||9|
|Diluted EPS (1)||$0.28||$0.22||28||$0.55||$0.49||12|
|(1) 2012 YTD includes a charge related to a legal settlement discussed below.|
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 4.5% at company restaurants and 4.8% at franchise restaurants;
- 7 company restaurants were opened;
- Restaurant margins, as a percentage of restaurant sales, increased 91 basis points to 19.1%;
- Diluted earnings per share increased 28% to $0.28 from $0.22 in the prior year.
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 5.3% at company restaurants and 5.9% at franchise restaurants;
- 15 company restaurants were opened;
- Restaurant margins, as a percentage of restaurant sales, increased 39 basis points to 19.1%;
- As previously disclosed, the Company recorded a one-time, pre-tax charge of $5.0 million ($3.1 million after-tax) in the first quarter of 2012 for a legal settlement, which had a $0.04 impact on diluted earnings per share;
- Before the previously disclosed first quarter charge, diluted earnings per share increased 20% to $0.59 from $0.49 in the prior year.