NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.Among his posts this past week, Kass discussed the eurozone's challenges, how the market's reaction to bad news on Tuesday indicated a short-term bottom and why he was taking a new long position in Yahoo!. Please
Heavy Lifting Ahead for Eurozone
Originally published on Friday, July 27 at 2:18 p.m. EDT.
Gauging the Reaction
Originally published on Wednesday, July 25 at 7:18 a.m. EDT.
- high-profile earnings misses at Apple (AAPL) and at economic bellwether United Parcel Service (UPS);
- Spain moving closer to the need to be rescued (with its 10-year note yielding more than 7.5%);
- reports that another round of debt restructuring are needed for Greece (again!);
- evidence of an emerging German recession/slowdown; and
- a weakening domestic economic picture manifested in a disappointing Richmond Fed Manufacturing Index.