Home Properties ( HME) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Home Properties fell 60 cents (-0.9%) to $65.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 721,119 shares of Home Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 590,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $64.93-$65.89 after having opened the day at $65.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.64. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Stratus Properties ( STRS), down 9.9%, Washington REIT ( WRE), down 5.2%, ZipRealty ( ZIPR), down 5%, and Power REIT ( PW), down 3.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Home Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.