Legg Mason ( LM) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Legg Mason fell 27 cents (-1.1%) to $24.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.3 million shares of Legg Mason exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.31-$25.19 after having opened the day at $25.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.13. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Porter Bancorp ( PBIB), down 11.8%, Carver Bancorp ( CARV), down 10.4%, Direct Markets Holdings ( MKTS), down 9.9%, and Stratus Properties ( STRS), down 9.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Legg Mason Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.