ArcelorMittal ( MT) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.7%. By the end of trading, ArcelorMittal rose 86 cents (5.8%) to $15.77 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9.9 million shares of ArcelorMittal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.17-$15.94 after having opened the day at $15.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.91. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Arch Coal ( ACI), up 29.2%, Alpha Natural Resources ( ANR), up 20.1%, James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 15.2%, and Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 13.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full ArcelorMittal Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.