Citigroup ( C) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $1.02 (3.9%) to $27.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 51.5 million shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 40.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.35-$27.60 after having opened the day at $26.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.28. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Hampton Roads Bankshares ( HMPR), up 23.1%, National Bank of Greece ( NBG), up 13.6%, First Financial Service Corporation ( FFKY), up 12.5%, and Northeast Community Bancorp ( NECB), up 10.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.