AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities fell 80 cents (-0.6%) to $144.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 817,563 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 632,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $142.50-$146.39 after having opened the day at $142.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $145.32. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Transcontinental Realty ( TCI), down 10.8%, American Realty Investors ( ARL), down 8%, Chimera Investment Corporation ( CIM), down 7%, and NTS Realty Holdings ( NLP), down 6.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full AvalonBay Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.