Martin Marietta Materials ( MLM) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Martin Marietta Materials fell $3.28 (-4%) to $78.27 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 967,638 shares of Martin Marietta Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 555,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $76.92-$82.79 after having opened the day at $82.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.55. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: China Advanced Construction Materials Group ( CADC), down 18.8%, Vulcan Materials Company ( VMC), down 10.3%, Energy Solutions ( ES), down 7.1%, and Trex Company ( TREX), down 4.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Martin Marietta Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.