Varian Medical Systems ( VAR) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Varian Medical Systems fell $3.58 (-6.3%) to $53.73 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.5 million shares of Varian Medical Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.90-$55 after having opened the day at $55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.31. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company ( AXN), down 21.2%, Hill-Rom Holdings ( HRC), down 18.1%, StemCells ( STEM), down 13.2%, and China Pharma ( CPHI), down 11.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Varian Medical Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.