Essex Property ( ESS) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Essex Property fell $1.48 (-0.9%) to $156.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 294,406 shares of Essex Property exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 269,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $155.20-$159.69 after having opened the day at $159.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $157.95. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Cash America International ( CSH), down 18.7%, United Community Banks ( UCBI), down 15%, Colony Bankcorp ( CBAN), down 13.4%, and Central Federal ( CFBK), down 11.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Essex Property Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.