Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class B ( RDS.B) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class B fell 66 cents (-0.9%) to $69.74 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class B exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 750,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $69.13-$70.32 after having opened the day at $69.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.40. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Ferro ( FOE), down 25.9%, Novagold Resources ( NG), down 25.3%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 15.9%, and Carbo Ceramics ( CRR), down 15.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class B Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.