Capital One Financial ( COF) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Capital One Financial rose $1.49 (2.7%) to $56.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.5 million shares of Capital One Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55.47-$56.50 after having opened the day at $55.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.87. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Nomura Holdings ( NMR), up 9.3%, Direct Markets Holdings ( MKTS), up 7.3%, Ameriprise Financial ( AMP), up 5.8%, and Lazard ( LAZ), up 5.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Capital One Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.