- Process up to six concurrent, incoming live calls, all without the expense and desk clutter of accessory sidecar devices.
- Observe the presence status of up to six team member extensions, including those using any other Polycom, Aastra or Cisco desk phone, using busy line field (BLF) keys with speed dial, and instant transfer functions to maximize responsiveness between colleagues.
- Enable immediate collaboration with customers, suppliers and business partners by using speed dial keys.
- Intercom to specific paging groups or broadcast a page to all other Polycom VVX 500 sets on the Virtual Office PBX by choosing the emergency or priority group.
- Create and manage up to 23 customer defined paging groups using the 8x8 Account Manager Portal.
- Manage permissions for who can broadcast pages and who can only receive them.
In the future, 8x8 plans to extend Virtual Receptionist and Group Intercom Multicast Paging to all other 8x8-supported Polycom deskphones by porting the fourth generation Polycom firmware to those models. This roadmap will let 8x8 customers with legacy Polycom deskphones take advantage of these new offerings, preserving their investment in those devices.“8x8 developed Virtual Receptionist and Group Intercom Multicast Paging because they were two of our customers’ most requested features,” said 8x8 Chairman and CEO Bryan Martin. “We were able to quickly accommodate these requests due to the innovation and agility enabled by our own internally-developed technology platform. The Polycom VVX 500 deskphone complements this innovation by providing our customers a highly intuitive way to access these new features and the rest of our Virtual Office suite via a touchscreen interface.” The 8x8 Virtual Receptionist and Group Intercom Multicast Paging services are both available today. For more information on these services, please contact an 8x8 sales representative at 1-866-TRY-VOIP (1-866-879-8647). About 8x8, Inc. Named #1 provider of hosted IP telephony and unified communications by market research firm Frost & Sullivan, 8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT) offers a portfolio of SaaS and IaaS solutions encompassing hosted communications services, contact center, unified communications, video Web conferencing, managed dedicated hosting, virtual private servers and more. 8x8 has been delivering cloud services since 2002 and has garnered a reputation for technological excellence and outstanding reliability, backed by a commitment to exceptional customer support. 8x8 customers include small to medium-sized businesses, distributed enterprise organizations and government agencies. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or connect with 8x8 on Facebook and Twitter.