Sempra Energy ( SRE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Sempra Energy fell 70 cents (-1%) to $68.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 928,691 shares of Sempra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.71-$69.20 after having opened the day at $69.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.77. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Huaneng Power International ( HNP), down 4%, TransAlta Corporation ( TAC), down 3.2%, AES ( AES), down 2.6%, and Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 2.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Sempra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.