Ametek ( AME) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Ametek fell 40 cents (-1.3%) to $31.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Ametek exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31-$32.10 after having opened the day at $31.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.49. Other company's within the Industrial industry that declined today were: China BAK Battery ( CBAK), down 6.8%, P & F Industries ( PFIN), down 6.2%, Broadwind Energy ( BWEN), down 5.6%, and Lennox International ( LII), down 5.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ametek Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.