Marsh & McLennan Companies ( MMC) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Marsh & McLennan Companies rose 17 cents (0.5%) to $31.82 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Marsh & McLennan Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.54-$31.98 after having opened the day at $31.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.65. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), up 11.2%, Donegal Group ( DGICB), up 5.3%, Phoenix Companies ( PNX), up 5.1%, and ACE ( ACE), up 4.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Marsh & McLennan Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.