Thermo Fisher Scientific ( TMO) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Thermo Fisher Scientific rose $4.36 (8.8%) to $54.14 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.7 million shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.09-$54.33 after having opened the day at $51.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.78. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Stereotaxis ( STXS), up 29.8%, Healthways ( HWAY), up 15.5%, BSD Medical Corporation ( BSDM), up 14.6%, and Sunshine Heart ( SSH), up 13.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Thermo Fisher Scientific Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.