Leggett & Platt ( LEG) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Leggett & Platt rose 38 cents (1.8%) to $21.85 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of Leggett & Platt exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.54-$21.88 after having opened the day at $21.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.47. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: iRobot Corporation ( IRBT), up 18%, Tempur-Pedic International ( TPX), up 9.4%, Sealy ( ZZ), up 4.5%, and Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR), up 3.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Leggett & Platt Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.