- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry average. The net income increased by 5.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $13.29 million to $14.06 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.34, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 62.77% to $32.56 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GULFMARK OFFSHORE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.34%.
- GULFMARK OFFSHORE INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GULFMARK OFFSHORE INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.90 versus -$1.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.52 versus $1.90).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.