Centene Corporation ( CNC) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Centene Corporation rose $2.12 (6.1%) to $36.76 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of Centene Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.62-$37.92 after having opened the day at $34.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.64. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Sarepta Therapeutics ( SRPT), up 146.2%, Dynacq Healthcare ( DYII), up 38.8%, Graymark Healthcare ( GRMH), up 24.4%, and Catalyst Pharmaceutical Partners ( CPRX), up 22.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Centene Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.